Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Start of Something New

So i guess it's high time i got back into blogging. Hollie has decided to start a music blog focusing on the Indie Rock music scene here in NOLA. Something i would LOVE to be part of. However it's her baby and don't want to try to be part of it without her asking me. It did get me thinking though. I'm not that much of an opinionated person so writing for her blog to critique bands and such would not really be my thing. On the flip-side a more journalistic approach would be.
When talking to her on the phone about it she mentioned a few investigative sides to it which really intrigued me. I'm no music guru by far, but i do know people. And i like talking to people as well. On my walk to buy more cigarettes, which i said i needed to quit, i thought more and more about it and how i could help. I think the thing i would like the most would be talking to the bands and the venues.
I don't really know. It's just another exciting whim i want to run with. At least it got me thinking about myself and my future though. People ask me all the time, "What are you going to school for?" I just say i'm not sure and mention anthropology. The smart ass answer i'd like to give is, "To learn."
The reason i like the movie Accepted so much was because it showed how dumb a college really can be. I just want to learn and i want to choose what it is that i learn without having to deal with all the other non-sense classes that i really don't care about. For instance, i want to take voice lessons, but i don't think i can without being a music major. Most likely i won't be able to take creative writing without an english major or journalism without first declaring journalism as my major.
What if Hollie does ask me to help with the blog and i get to do the more factual aspect of the music scene? What if i realize that interviews and informative articles are my calling?

Blah blah blah. This is why i've avoided blogging for so long. Whenever i read stuff like this i think, "get a journal." Maybe i should just stick with that.

Till i get a new stroke of "genius" that turns out to be a disorganized piece of babbling,
Kat

No comments: